Saturday, July 13, 2002

I just finished reading Kathryn Lively's Little Flowers earlier this afternoon. These are my initial thoughts before I offer a more comprehensive review. Great book, I strongly recommend it. Besides being well written and being an enjoyable read, I think it is a book that Youth and Young Adult ministers and moderators should take a close look at and consider adding to their libraries. It is very instructive in an appealing way. The story is about the murder of an abortion doctor and the solving of the case. I would have thought that in a novel about abortion, you'd expect to easily find the people you like and those you hate, but KL allows us to get a feel for the psychology of each character which makes the people real. She takes us into the minds of the characters and you get to understand everyone's motivations. I think this book is a very good way to explore the abortion issue and issues regarding the pressures of young adult life.

Good work KL!

Now unto Schisms by Peter Vere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home