Friday, September 20, 2002

I just finished writing a short story last night and I significantly revised another. I was going to put them together to form a small collection of short stories. The problem is that I only have 4 stories which come to a total of about 70 pages. To publish or not to publish. I could write another 30 pager but I don't have any ideas. I am working on a longer novel which I don't want to be tempted to convert into a short one.

The novel I am working on is about a guy recovering from his divorce to a woman he still loves, he becomes infatuated with a woman, married, he sees often. In the mean time his relationship with a female co-worker, which was once ultra-competitive, is now improving and they are fast becoming friends. They guy's co-worker and friend is struggling with the fact that she might be gay while the guy is struggling with his attraction to this married woman he sees often. He has a friend who is a wise and good priest, who has to mediate between all these struggles and desires. I like the idea, I hope I have the patience to pull it off. There will be a twist here and there. I'm not sure that it would have any explicit didactic qualities.

I was also working on one which was about an assasination attempt at World Youth Day. I'm not sure if that can go anywhere, but I'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home