Friday, November 22, 2002

I watch about four TV shows on a fairly regular basis. I am only devoted to one, Alias, but the others are ER, West Wing and 24. My question is how the quality of writing and acting can vary so much among these shows. Alias and West Wing are extremely well written, 24 is a joke and ER is somewhat questionable now after many strong seasons. Two shows whose writing I am ultimately impressed with are Cheers and Everybody Loves Raymond. It is just amazing that you can have shows like that and then have a show following that is basically stupid.

The show that I'm rooting for this Fall which is doing quite well is Bonnie Hunt's show. I watched it a couple of times and thought it was okay, but it is drawing 10 millions viewers a week, so it seems safe for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home