Tuesday, December 17, 2002

I finally broke down last nite and dude! I'm getting a Dell! My Gateway crashed on me again and its been like that for the past four days. I now don't have much respect for Gateways. I'm getting a Dell Inspiron with quite a few bells and whistles, I want this one to be good for a long time. Fortunately a few days before my Gateway died, I zip drived my files so I won't be starting from ground zero.

Another frustrating aspect is that I can't find my Quickbooks CD and so it looks like I might have to buy Quickbooks again. I'll try to see if I can pay for only an upgrade but get the full thing. Last saturday I spent hours updating the business' accounting records and had planned to zip drive later in the evening but that's when the Gateway crashed on me. At least, I'm not starting from ground zero, that would have been a disaster.

Little girl was difficult to get to bed tonite. It's as though we take a half step forward and then drive four miles back. But that's okay, we made a strategiv decision to train her the slow way and I think it is paying off. She used to hate to sleep and would fight against it, but now she lets us know when she wants to sleep or nap (naps are another story) and there is light at the end of the tunnel. The alternative was to let her cry it out for days until she learns to sleep on her own. We started that way but we took too many summer trips and kept messing up her sleeping schedule. So much so that by the time we were done traveling, we felt that she was too old for the cry it out method. This is her second Christmas and it is fun, although I don't think she is fully grasping the fact that the Incarnate Word incarnated himself through kenotic love and this is commemorated at the winter solstice. Kids are great, aren't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home