Saturday, February 05, 2005

Ono's Movie Ratings

Day After Tomorrow--Dennis Quaid et al, Quite Good, surprisingly. I rented it for mindless, weather destruction NY City obliterated type action and got a lot more for my money. Recommended. It is a story about people and less about the Ice Age stuff. That always works. A tad preachy, but hey, if you've got that size audience, you might as well educate.

I also watched a movie called The Forgotten with Juliane Moore. The movie is about a woman whose son died 14 months earlier and is unable to let go. She is undergoing therapy. Then she wakes up one morning to find that any memory of her son is gone, even her husband has no clue. Also, her therapist is telling her that she never had a son and she has been delusional.

Her son had died in a plane crash along with 10 other kids. She meets up with one of the dad's who like her is having a horrid time. Well guess what? He's forgotten about his daughter's death. They then find that someone is manipulating things and it goes downhill from there.

I don't think I've giving away anymore than you'll see in previews.

The movie was trying to hard and if you thought Mission to Mars with its bizzareness was bad, this one blows it out of the water, and that's not a compliment. It pains me that I shelled out money to rent this piece of junk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home