Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Popcorn Stats

Blogger Martha martha is/was doing a no popcorn movie nite for her CCD class. They'll be watching the Passion of the Christ.

It got me thinking if TPOTC was good for popcorn sales or not. I haven't seen the movie, but it must have been prety intense in there and it just doesn't seem like the kind of show where you are comfortable fumbling through your bag of buttery, salty delights, as Christ receives yet another lash for your sins: just something about a loud slurp as Christ groans in agony.

I suppose this poses a catch-22 for movie theaters because the concessions are a huge part of the revenue. I'd be interested to see the popcorn stats for the period TPOTC was in its hey day and see what the trends were. I suspect they were down, but I happily stand corrected. I just don't think Jesus' suffering is good for popcorn sales.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home