Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Act of Contrition: What an ego boost!

At the risk of sounding irreverent, something occured to me the other day. The Act of Contrition goes like this:

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins because of Thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin.


Can you imagine some 500 million people a year, saying that to you? If someone came to me and said, "Ono, I am heartily sorry for having offended you and detest all my sins against you. . . you are all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve to avoid offending you again." What a rush, just thinking about that.

Well, that's why I/we are not God. If I were God, I'd be out of control. Put's God in perspective, doesn't it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're a gaggle [url=http://www.cheapoksunglassesuk.co.uk]oakley sunglasses[/url] of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. [url=http://www.cheapoksunglassesuk.co.uk]oakley sunglasses uk[/url] ,Your website provided us with helpful info to paintings on. You have done a formidable process and our entire community can be thankful to you.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home