Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Dread

When I hear the following words from a car saleperson, I have this feeling of dread, a thanatic sense of impending doom:

"Ono, what can I do to put you in a car today?"

While most people may feel at this point that they have sufficiently broken the sales person so that things are now proceeding on their terms, I feel different. I feel like hostage. I feel like someone is not respecting my wishes. I feel that inappropriate advances are being made and I am powerless to stop them. I feel . . . violated.

5 Comments:

Blogger John Burzynski said...

"Ono, what can I do to put you in a car today?"


I have been faced with the similar line from a salesman, I just respond, "give me the car for free and you can put me in it". It usually throws them off for a while, most car salesmen don't know how to respond to anything from a customer, especially something 'out there', they depend on us to go "da, uh, ah" all day.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Ono said...

LOL!

I'll remember to use that one.

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once worked at a brickyard. The sales manager was explainign to a fellow that the more bricks you buy, the cheaper they are.

The fellow told him "Keep loading them onto the truck until they are free then!"

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, Ono, you sound like a liberal. "I'm powerless. I'm a victim. Poor me." If it bugs you when this happens, just tell him he can't do anything to put you in a car today. Turn around, and walk away. LOL!

David B

12:45 PM  
Blogger Ono said...

I used to do the following at restaurants until I got married and my wife straightened out my manners.

"How much is your coffee?"

"1.50 per cup"

"And refills?"

"Refills are free."

"Okay then, I'll take a refill and the pancakes."

I know, kind'a corny

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home