Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Monday Mission Thing


1. What is your favorite snack food? Does anyone you know have weird tastes in snacks?

Potato Chips, the saltier the better. I especially like hot, barbeque potato chips.


2. Ever caught yourself saying "well it can't get any worse" and it does? What's the story there?

My motto in life is that "Life sucks and then you die." So I've had those situations but I never say it can't get any worse, because I believe that if it can, it will.


3. I have a super-short attention span, and it always was my downfall in school, especially math class. What's your attention span like and how has it served you?

I have a pretty good attention span. It was pretty bad as a kid, but I think I can hold my attention span for a very long time.


4. Do you believe in the existence of extra-terrestrials?

Okay, trick questions. Every Catholic or Christians believes in angels and demons, etc, so that kind'a counts in my book. I do, however, believe that in this vast universe, God created other intelligent beings and just as there may be a Ahmed El Amin in existence somewhere in Jordan and that the chances of my meeting such a person are practically nill because of the size of our world, I think the chances of us meeting ET is low.


5. What do you think of the whole "crop circles" phenomenon?

I thought that they had shown that it was a hoax?

6. Ever had a time where you begin visiting with someone you don't know all that well and just find you "click" like long lost pals? Tell me about how that came to happen, and who was it? What kind of things do you have in common?

That happens with me often, but only if there two or three things that we share a passion for. Otherwise, I've been known to be an enemy of small talk. My wife has given me a rule, don't just given a one word or phrase answer to a questions, offer something else. For instance, some asks, "Do you like your Saturn?" "It's decent," is my reply, My wife says to add something else like give details or say, "I'm not sure I would get a Saturn next time."


7. When I was at the cemetery a few weeks ago, I began to recall my Dad's funeral so many years ago. It is so vivid, sitting there in the family room as his friends passed by and paid their respects, the music, his face, the tears. What funeral do you remember most vividly?

My wife's grandmother. It was recent and also her death was a surprise.I also remember my foster grandmother's quite well. It was in Nigeria and it took a week; there was partying, dancing, crying, weeping, everything.

BONUS: How can I forget you, girl?

I don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home