Friday, November 01, 2002

Matt Collins comments on a question on the Maryland ballot.

Yesterday I got my sample ballot for the upcoming election in Maryland. My eyes just about popped out of my head when I read Question # 2. Here it is, straight from the web site of Anne Arundel County's Board of Elections.

Question Number 2:
Emergency Legislation Authority of the Maryland General Assembly
Authorizes the Maryland General Assembly to pass emergency laws creating or abolishing any public office or changing the terms or duties of any officer.

HOWZZAT??? You mean you want us to give you the right to abolish the office of the governor, the comptroller, judges, legislators, and anyone else you feel like? Just by passing an "emergency" law?

Are they insane? Or is this a plot to get this authority in under the radar scope so they can implement it whenever they want?

I know I'm paranoid, but just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!!


i'm not paranoid or a conspiracy theorist but I do know that Maryland's authorities scare me. The judge system here is, from my limited and lay view, corrupt and wild beyond measure. MD judges have som much power and very little oversight. There have been captial murder cases where the judges commute the sentence without the knowledge of the victim's family by striking back room deals which they are not required to reveal.

The Governorship of MD does have a lot of power as it is and now the MD assembly wants it. I guess they want to balance out the power of the Governor.

All I ask is for train service from Southern MD to Baltimore and the D.C., clean up the Chesapeake, health care, better schools, reduce crime, . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home