Tuesday, December 03, 2002

I watched Spider Man this weekend. I did not like it. Stupid, cheesy, pathetic, etc. I was very dissappointed. I expected a spectacular movie because of all the hype, but it was barely adequate. The story moved slowly and degenerated to a dud. The Green Goblin character was a joke, even his costume was plain silly. I realize that on the big screen, the spider man-swinging-through-the-streets-of-NY scenes may have been visually compelling, but overall the movie was kind'a lame.

On the other hand, I watched a few of the old James Bonds movies on TNN. I had watched many of them years ago and it was good to see them. The new Bond movies are lame compared to the old ones. The new ones are so Hollywood. The old ones preserved the Ian Fleming, British spy novel, style. Besides, Roger Moore and Sean Connery, are more dignified looking and are far better actors than Brosnan. I am interesting in seeing the new Bond movie out now, I was told that it is similar to the old ones.

One movie that I am excited about is Star Trek Nemesis. The previews are exciting. This is from someone who is Trekkie but hates Star Trek movies. One thing to note is that even though I talk about watching movies, I probably won't see any because it is very difficult for me to conceive leaving my baby with anyone. We have had friends and family babysit every now and then, but I don't like it. I miss here when she is in the other room, or when she sleeps, or when I go to work, so I'm never thrilled about not having her around. She is a very interesting personality, she absolutely charmed my folks and her uncles and everyone thinks that she's the world's sweetest thing. Well "sweet" is not always what we'd use to describe her, but she is wonderful and she just happens to be the most beautiful one year old in the world. Okay! maybe one of the top ten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home