Tuesday, December 17, 2002

Well. St. Martin Cath Bks and Gfts increased revenues by over 50 percent over last year. positive but somewhat misleading, last year's terrorists' strike was devastating for business so last year is not a model year. Nonetheless, we still did better that we would have done. Part of my frustration with my Gateway crashing is that I was going to spend the reast of the year analyzing our numbers for the year and finalze a business and marketing plan for 2003. So for the time being, I can't even access our records to study the numbers. We are still operating at a loss but this is the corporation's third year and we are growing slowly and still in the investment stage. However, I do think 2003 will be a break through year. 2002 was our first full normal year and now with reasonable data in hand reasonable plans and projections may be made.

Another key aspect is advertising dollars. At first my inclination was to cut down and trim advertising dollars, but upon further reflection I think I'll increase it and just reallocate it. The focus is going to be more targetted advertising, putting our info in the hands of Catholics who are interested in our products.

First order of business is to expand our store. We have 1500 sq ft but only use a third of it. By February, I plan to have two-thirds as retail space. I just ordered a bunch of grid book cases from a store in California and have contacted our contractor. Money is very tight but you have to spend it to make it. The word is that retailers are having a tough time this XTmas. We are doing very okay but not great. I am thankful to the Lord though, He has been with us from the beginning and will see us through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home