Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Four more years?? God Almighty!!!

or is . . .

OH=FL?

The Kerry campaign thinks so. They argue that between uncounted votes, provisional ballots and absentee ballots, there are about 400,000-500,000 uncounted votes. Ken Blackwell, OH Secretary of State, says the recount begins in 11 days.

That said, it is difficult to see how we pull this one off. It is possible but very unlikely.

This election will come down as one of the most interesting in history, in that a nation believes that it is on the wrong track and the President's approval is below 50% yet, it overwhelmingly re-elects him. We'll know more later, but it seems the country would rather the devil you know than that you don't.

Kerry may still very well win Ohio, when all the votes are counted (slight chance), but the more interesting question is the mood of the country. Even if Kerry wins, Bush has the popular vote and it speaks to what the country wants . . . George Bush. I can't think of any reason why, but that is it.

In addition to future posts that I had indicate earlier, I am going to post on where I see the Democratic Party going. Even if Kerry pulls off an upset, the present Democratic formula did not work to win the popular vote. I think it is more out of fear than mandate, but our agenda was not convincing enough. Already, many are saying we should have moved even more left and brought in new people, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I have to think more about it.

I also wonder about my future interest in politics. I've always been a Democrat in my soul, but uninterested in the political proces. It was because i saw the opportunity to elect an exceptional man in Kerry that I got excited about this particular election. We'll see if with Kerry out of the picture, whether I'd remain interested in party activism.

Anyway, looks like Bush one. Very dissappointing and I think the world, with the exception of Israel, Australia and Poland, sees this as a sad day. But we'll all get over it. As Paul says, "In everything, give thanks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home