Saturday, January 29, 2005

My 5 All Time Favorite Movies Revised and the Village

1. Ben Hur
1a. Jesus Christ Superstar
2. Small Soldiers
3. The Apostle
3a. Glory
4. Saving Private Ryan
4a. Dave
4b. Princess Bride
5 Shawshank Redemption
5b. Spy Game

BTW, I count just fine, you have the problem.

"If I'm not me, then who the heck am I?" Ahnold in Total Recall.

Sixth Sense is to Signs as

Unbreakable is to . . . Village

The Village was a total waste of time. I do not share the opiions of others but I was very, very dissappointed. Again, I note that many have really liked it. This movie was simply not well written IMHO. But last I checked, there are no movies to my credit, I suppose until I have one I need to zip it. No review, no spoilers. If you've seen M. Knight's Unbreakable then you get the idea. He was trying to hard to replicate the success of sixth sense and signs. M. Knight is a victim of his success. He now feels pressure to throw everyone for a loop. Let's just say this movie was loopy.

BTW, Glory is one of those movies that when you watch it, your life seems just a touch irrelevant. Loved it. Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman.

Shawshank Redemption? "Hope is a dangerous thing my friend." Written by the same man who brought you the Mangler, Stephen King. Did you know Stephen King also wrote the Green Mile? Good stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Talmida said...

I agree on Shawshank. But Glory? I never got into war movies in a big way (although since my Beloved collects them, I see bits and pieces of them when HE is watching them).

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home