Friday, August 16, 2002

Favorite Jesus Christ Superstar Songs

Ranked in order of superiority

1. Heaven on their minds

2. Jesus in Gethsemane
"Can you show me now that it would not be in vain
show me just a piece of your omnipotent brain
show me there's a reason for your wanting me to die
I'm all to clear on where and how but not so hot on why
wwwhhhhyyyy!!!

3. Last Supper
"Always hoped that I'd be an apostle
knew that I could make it if I tried
So when we retire, we can write the gospel
so they'll still talk about us when we die"

Judas:"You sad pathetic man
See where you brought us to
Our ideals die around us and all because you . . .

4. Judas with the High Priest asking to turn Jesus in

"think of the things you can do with that money
feed every charity, give to the poor
we've noted yor motives, we've noted your feelings
this is not blood money, it's a . . ."

"A fee. . ." "A fee nothing more"

5 Judas and Jesus when Mary annoints Jesus

6 All songs by Caiaphas and Annanias

"We've been seating on the fence for far too long"

7 The trial before Pilate

8 Simon the Zealot and the 50,000

9 All other songs with the exception of the following (Honorable mention goes to Herod's song)

10 I don't know how to love him (I don't like this and I wish we could go back in time and erase it from memory)
11 Could we start again please (like melody, but don't like the message)