Tuesday, August 20, 2002

I think the Monday Night Football team of Madden and Michaels is working out well. Madden is no Czar of the telestrator, but he sure makes up with his "boom!"

Pittsbugh was mentioned as a favorite for the AFC and maybe even the whole thing. Stewart and Batch got hurt and that could hurt their chances. But even with Stewart, I'm not convinced about Pittsburgh.

Big sleeper this year? watch for the Buffalo BIlls

On defense their one weakness is the D-line. However, they addressed that problem by signing Chidi Ahanatou along with veteran Shawn Price and they already had the Ted Washington-like, Pat Williams. It is a decent enough line. But the linebackers and secondary are above-average if not very good. So if the defense does not concede too many points, watch out! Bledsoe, Moulds, Peerless Price, Riemersma, Josh Reed, Travis Henry, I should stop here.

Buffalo will score about 24 points again this year. If they can hold defenses to about 20-21 pts again, I'm predicting a 13 win season.

I am predicting that this team is like the sleeper team of a few years ago that would have made the Super Bowl if the Titans hadn't done that forward lateral thing (when I lost my fifth life). That team had the best defense in the league and was capable of putting up a few points.

Anyway, I'm not going to depress myself with what could have been.

Everything is going fuzzy around me, help! I'm being sucked back into time, help . . .
1990--watching the ball sail wide right, I saw my life crash before my eyes

1991--I hate the Washington Redskins, horrible team, lousy fans, insulting name, I hate, hate, hate the Redskins. Before the game even started, I saw my second life evaporate before my very eyes.

1992--After the Bills got squashed on a fourth and goal against Dallas, my third life went down the tube. I had no eyes to see my life end, i had plucked them out.

1993--we were leading going into the half leading, Nate Odoms had also just intercepted Aikman . . . what the heck happened!! That was my fourth life . . .

I only have two more lives left, I can't take anymore Bowl defeats or forward laterals. So I declare that this is the year for the Buffalo Bills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home