Friday, October 11, 2002

I was at the OB/GYN's office with my wife the other day and I witnessed a very strange conversation. A couple of pregnant women there were talking about having children. They were both due any day now. One had a couple of girls and a boy and the other had a girl.

For both, there was a big, no HUGE, issue about having a son. The one with a daughter said that her husband wants a son so bad that on the day of the sonogram he got all dressed up and was excited because he was 100 percent certain that they were going to have a boy. Well when she found out that it wasn't, she had to pull him aside so that their daughter would not be there and she told him that it was a girl. he went into a depression for a week! The other lady had a similar experience with her husband who needed a son so bad that she was afraid for him.

I just don't get it! I have a daughter and the truth is I can't even imagine having a son. If the Lord gives us one, I'd be happy but no happier than if it were a girl.I personally would love to have another daughter, maybe five. But I just don't get why the son craze, can you imagine what it does to their daughter's self image?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home