Thursday, October 17, 2002

My wife hates it when I think about these sort of "Eucharist jokes" but what can I say. I should note that my humor is absurd and unfunny, but I amuse myself greatly. For the following joke to work, you have to picture this in your head and assume that it was really happening to you.

Anyway, I was thinking . . . what if a priest after a very busy day had to say mass in the evening and besides having a busy day, he hadn't eaten all day and all he could think about was food. Well, during mass, as he is praying over the gifts, when he says "Bless this gifts . . ." that triggers the meal prayer, "bless us O Lord and these thy gifts, which we are about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord." After which he proceeds to gobble up the hosts and the cup . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home