Monday, October 28, 2002

Weekend movie veg report

The Rainmaker, based on the novel by John Grisham about a young, just-out-of-school lawyer (Matt Damon), who joins a small firm with a boss who has ties to the mob and a loser, but quick-witted, para-lawyer (Danny Devito). Damon is representing a dying young man against a major insurance firm with big hired guns, chief counsel played by Jon voigt. Danny Glover is the judge and Claire Danes is Damon's love interest.This movie was written and directed by Francis Ford Coppola. I have one word for the movie, excellent. I had seen it before and it didn't quite make an impression then, I think my tastes were different then. The story is told in a slow developing fashion, not rushed. All the actors were excellent. I was particularly impressed with Danny Glover, who I think is one of the top ten most distinguished male actors, and Matt Damon. I've always been suspicious of Matt Damon's acting abilities, but he had me hello in this one.

As much as I am not a fan of Mr Coppola, I must say that the man can flat out tell a story. He does very well in capturing the complexities of relationships. He did it in the God Father and he continues to do so in his movies.

My wife and I borrowed from the library, the movie, The Election starring Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick. Disgusting, we only got 15 minutes into the movie and decided that if we wanted to watch p0-r-n movies we would rent them. The movie is a thinly disguised soft you-know-what flick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home