Tuesday, December 03, 2002

I am sitting here on the edge of my seat (couch) watching Maryland lose to Indiana. Not to worry, the Terps will do well in March where it really counts.

I watched 24 today and I thought it was much better than previous shows. The acting is somewhat wooden and the dialog and plot are plainly stupid in some spots, but otherwise, today's episode seemed to flow much better.Examples for what I consider silly. One is when Resa's (sp?) parents show up for the wedding (Resa is Arab and marrying an American lady at her father's house. His potential sister in law did some investigating and turned up possible terrorist connections and contacted the Counter Terrorism Unit and they show up and are interrogating him) and when they find out that he is being investigated, they go into this inane and trite speech about racial profiling, etc. How about a touch more subtlety. Is that how they would really react and are the writers just using them to make a speech?

My wife thinks that President Palmer is like Benjamin Sisko of DS9. The problem is that she couldn't stand Sisko. I couldn't either. Avery Brooks is a pure theater actor and is very good in projecting a stage presence and creating drama in his voice and presence. That doesn't translate well on the camera. The cameras require more subtely and less of the melodramatic presence that a stage requires. So my wife thinks that President Palmer, like Sisko, hasn't quite captured the cameras yet. I like President Palmer but I see what she's saying.

On the daughter note, when she was brand new, she was the ultimate snuggler and she still is. At first i thought that all babies snuggled like that. She would adjust her body to perfectly match all the nooks, crannies and curves of your body to get the perfect snuggle. Since then I have observed and carried a few babies and I have never seen that duplicated. She stillSomeone once described babies as heat seeking missles, that what she is. I think the word to describe her would be absolute fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home