Tuesday, March 11, 2003

CNS STORY: Confessional seal under attack in several states

I guess I am a fulll service X Files conspiracy type. I tend to think that it is all spin and confession is not really under attack. It is so interesting in all these articles that the bills "attacking the confessional seal" are quoted for some states like Kentucky and Florida where there is some merit to the concern and then in other cases, no quotes are produced, probably because there are none.

Why would the Catholic Church not want to strengthen laws to protect kids and bring perpetrators of sex abuse crimes to justice? I am scandalized because I was idealistically under the impression that as a Church we really were concerned for the common good and that selfish mistakes of the past were behind us. Now, I am not so sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home