Friday, October 24, 2003

Okay. So I went gleefully to participate in my first John Kerry meetup last nite which ended up being a horror story. First I printed out the driving directions on mapquest, which said it shoud take me only 8 minutes. Well the directions were pretty good until 15 minutes into my drive I find that I am look for a turn that simply did not exist. Well, I eventually find myself in the thick of DC with crazy Friday night traffic. And BTW, DC is the worst laid out city in the nation. You could be driving straight ahead on a street and then see a "side" street veer to the right and then 5 mintues later you realize that going straight ahead and veering put you on another one way street with no straight forward way to get back.

Anyway, thirty minutes later, I found the Cha Cha lounge where the meetup was going to take place. Ah! but the other problem, no parking. I literally drove around for 30-45 minutes trying to find parking and eventuall I got lost somewhere in the city with rude drivers everywhere. Finally I chanced upon the familiar Rhode Island Ave and I got out of DC like a bat out of Hell.

it was dissappointing but that's life I suppose.

ER was pretty good last nite. I do not like any of the characters any longer, but I had to grudgingly accept that the episode was engaging and pushed the right emotional buttons. West Wing the nite before was decent too as was the quickly fading Alias.

The Bills are getting no love from the experts. I say, KC watch out! The Bills are unbeatable when they are on their game. We have a tough defense to score on and if we can get the running game going, the Bills are very tough.

Now what DNC bonehead scheduled a Democratic presidential debate for Sunday night in October during the World Series and football season, talk about brain freeze. The DNC has been a major dissappointment in handling their candidates.

I watched a focus group on CSPAN last nite. The focus group was about the presidential elections, the issues and candidates. I was appalled by the lack of knowledge by the subjects of the group, they could not, for the most part name the candidates. But I suppose that represents the apathy of the American electorate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home