Wednesday, April 27, 2005

American Idol Analysis Week 6

Here's my original order of picks

This week's theme was songs since 2000. The problem is that I can count on my fingers the number of good songs written since 2000. I don't know any of the songs so I'll skip mentioning them.

Scott Savol--The judges didn't like it much. I thought it was okay.

Vonzell Solomon--I thought she did good. She is the sleeper and could very well win this thing.

Bo Bice--Great performance. I do think he is going to hit a wall. I just don't know how well his fan base is going to hold up.

Anthony Federov--Good performance. Nice touch showing his immigrant Ukranian father who recorded his first song as a child and played it while weeping.Very touching, good for a couple million votes. This guy could win. Older ladies love him. Teenie boppers and little girls love him.

Constantine Maroulis--His act is wearing on me. But I found myself drawn into his performance.

Carrie Underwood--What the heck was that song???

The judges were more on the critical side. I think they realize that with this Paula Abdul sleeping with the contestants scandal brewing, they need to shore up the show's credibility. So there was a noticeable dearth of syrupy comments from Paula. Simon Cowell is the only one who makes any sense anyway.

Who's out? Scott "the body" Savol. On the other hand Bo Bice may get the axe. Scott, in his little piece, made a shrew move. He said, "I represent all those people in Cleveland who get up every morning and work 8 hours." Guess who's going to be voting for him in huge numbers? That's right, regular people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home