Friday, June 10, 2005

Spurs in 5

Okay, I am calling the NBA finals. Spurs in five. I think Detriot will win Game four.

I have to say that I am growing in respect for the Spurs by the second. I know they are a tough team, however, I saw them as more cream puff push overs compared to Detroit's nastiness. I do think the Pistons intimidated them and scared them, which was why Detroit catapulted itself to a 17-7 lead. But the Spurs, Duncan, Parker and Obi won Ginobli, showed me something.

The Spurs are a unique team in that they don't really have a style or identity. They are a reactive type team. They plan to match their opponents, not to impose their style on them. They out gun the high scoring Phoenix Suns at their own game and grunt out the 80 point game against the lunch-pail types. You gotta give them some love. I had the Spurs in 6, but now, I don't see Detroit winning two games. Detroit gave to the Spurs and the Spurs took it on the chin and came back. The only mystery left is, who will be the finals MVP. My vote is with Obi Won Ginobli.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home