Friday, October 28, 2005

Republicans Want Diversity

I do not support nor care about Miers because she is Bush crony and strikes me as not very competent. Actually, I wouldn't have minded Al Gonzales because he is competent and not idealogical, even though he is a Bush crony.

I read clips of some of Miers' statements culled from her history and she sounded like Bush on the bench-scarry thought really. Let's say that her concepts, even if they were well formed, were not articulated with any responsible degree of clarity.

However like Ambrose I am grossly offended by the whole Ivy league crap, i.e, only Ivy leaguers are suitable for the Supreme Ct. So with the exception of John Kerry, who actually got his law degree from Boston College, I will never throw my support behind any SCOTUS ivy league nominee. I'll with just about go with any other school with the exception of schools like University of Alabama or Ole Miss (just a tad nervous).

TX sen Hutchison, made a point yesterday that diversity is important on the bench (and then she tried to back track but still couldn't get out). The fact that we have ex-fed judges and ivy leagues for all 8 justices is not good. We need politicians and state folks to round out the perspectives. I think a Senator would make a great choice because they would write decisions tinged with pragmatism.

BTW, Sen Kennedy pointed out how conservatives have their litmust test and used it to rule out Miers. I'm sure in the interest of integrity, next time a nominee shows up, I imagine they'd be the last people to talk aboutnot having a litmus test.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ono,

Where to begin?

"I'll with just about go with any other school with the exception of schools like University of Alabama or Ole Miss (just a tad nervous)."

I see. Your own brand of elitism, eh?

"I think a Senator would make a great choice because they would write decisions tinged with pragmatism."

I agree. I think Sen. Rick Santorum would be an excellent Supreme Court Justice. Or Sen. Sam Brownback. Unless, of course, either wants to run for president. Then an appointment to the high court could come after either's presidency. :-)

"BTW, Sen Kennedy pointed out how conservatives have their litmust test and used it to rule out Miers."

Yeah, conservatives are funny that way. We think there should be litmus test that the nominee should be QUALIFIED! Kennedy, of course, has his own litmus test that we are so well aware of. His litmus test is that any nominee must support the killing of babies. Your kind of guy, Ono?

David B

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, how are your Bills doing? I noticed you didn't feel like talking about last week's game. LOL!

David B

1:35 PM  
Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

Speaking of potential nominees from the current Senate ranks, I read somewhere this morning (maybe CS Monitor?) that Sen. Cornyn from Texas is a possible nominee.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great beaver football forum oregonlive.com blog you have here. I'm always looking for info on beaver football forum oregonlive.com. You can check out my forum about beaver football forum oregonlive.com if you have a chance.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ono,

Boy, you sure got spammed!

But since Miers is history, what do you think of Ailto?

kgp

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog.I will keep on reading, please look at my blogthe free ads

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check it ou homes metal roofing & siding if your building homes go to Http://siding11.com/side.pl?y=helper. butt if you want to learn to install siding then..... What are you waiting for..

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://nmopzclk.com/gjhe/mxwg.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ovqzxfxw.com/kpvw/emqg.html]Cool site[/url]

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://nmopzclk.com/gjhe/mxwg.html | http://dzvctzqp.com/vfkc/jipo.html

1:00 AM  
Anonymous comprar puertas metalicas said...

Quite useful piece of writing, thank you for this article.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home