Monday, August 13, 2007

Reading Eragon

So I have taken the plunge and am reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini. I am not blown away by the story, I am enjoying it though. But I am in awe of the writer. This kid was 15 when he wrote the book. Now, some of the dialog is recognizable as that of a maturing adult, but his prose and narrative style and ability is incredible.

I should say that I am not reading it but listening to the audio book. The main problem, as with many audio books, is the different voices the narrator uses. I just can't take it anymore. And what is with the gruffy dragon voice . . . for a female dragon? It just makes the dragon so unsympathetic. Sometimes I feel that someone needs to put a sword through the dragon's throat to put it out of its misery. Anything that sounds like that needs help.

I'm dreading getting into another author, but if I am taken by this book I may move on to Eldest, the sequel, or I may make a clean break. The next few chapters shall reveal all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous туры в барселоне said...

I think every person should glance at this.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home