Tuesday, December 03, 2002

1st Books, a print on demand publisher, is offering a deal to publish your book for only $399. Normally it costs about $600. I am drooling. They say that you don't have to have a manuscript ready, just sign and fax the form by Dec 31.

Well, I wonder what everyone's doing with their Nanowrimo drafts. My original one is there and is percolating in my brain, but I did work on an existing story and I am getting somewhere.

I am dismayed at the dearth of black characters in many of the current TV shows and movies. For instance, Carl Lumbly of Alias once played a major role as Sidney Bristow's spy partner and then the show got successful and now the sole black character is MIA. I'm going to write a whole bunch of movie scripts, crappy or not, and when I come into mucho dough, I'll produce them and see if any can get some traction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home