Thursday, May 26, 2005

New Book by David Neiwert of Orcinus Blog

Strawberry Days: How Internment Destroyed a Japanese American Community


My third book, Strawberry Days: How Internment Destroyed a Japanese American Community, is now being shipped by Amazon and other online sellers. It will be hitting the bookstore shelves on June 1.

I'm especially pleased about this, since I've been working on this book since 1992, when I first wrote the newspaper series for the old Bellevue Journal American which gave the book its origins. I first produced a manuscript in 1994, and have been working on refining and improving it over the ensuing years, when I wasn't working on my other books. I interviewed 28 different internees and Bellevue community members over the years, and I conducted a great deal of archival research as well.


If you can support a fellow liberal please do so. This is have we strengthen the progressive movement by supporting progressive activity like this. Besides he is a great writer and has some very good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home