Sunday, January 05, 2003

Business-wise, I hate the last week of the year and the first week of January. Nothing like returns to hit sales figures. Bush is going to be giving a speech on his economic stimulus plan next week. I normally wouldn't root as hard for a president that I don't like, but in this case, I hoep to God that he and the Democrats get reasonable and pass something reasonable. I do think that tax cuts on stock dividends is not going to help the economy short term, but a payroll tax cut on the first $15,000 of earnings. Anyway, let's hope they get something through.

Something that has gone under the radar is that we might be at war in the next three weeks. We should pray for peace, however, it is hard to see how there won't be war. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home