Thursday, January 02, 2003

My lack of recent postage is because I am currently chillin' out in the Dallas, TX area. It has been a nice vacation, not too much scheduled. I am not looking forward to getting back to the daily grind but life must go on.

Notre Dame completely embarrassed itself as did Washington State in their respective bowl games. I've had the opportunity to engage in some serious football talk over the past couple of days, which is always a plus. Wife and I will be seeing Star Trek later today. That should be fun.

We had Christmas on Sunday and one of the things that I got was a Songe Bob Square Pants Uno card game. Fun, fun, fun!!! It has a special card called the "super absorbency" card. When the card gets played the person with the lowest number of cards must pick one from the deck ane one from each player to his/her side. Adds defensive strategery and is fun. We ushered in the New Year with a craft night, which I am pleased to day was fun.

Two years ago, my wife and I were with another couple and the ladies spoke about how they do things like watch football with us guys and would like us to do stuff with them, so I learned to cross stich (not the stamped wimpy variety-I'm talking the real McCoy). Cross stiching is intense, I do not find it relaxing but I think I'll continue with it in the near future.

My review of our biz, saintmartingifts.com is almost complete, hopefully, I should be able to get all documents to our accountant by the month's end. We ended up doing not as well as I anticipated. But the good thing is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. There are specific actions that can be taken to cut cost and revenue growth is expected. Also investments that have been made should begin to produce soon. We spent a little over $10,000 in advertising last year. A good number, but one that would have to decrease and become far more targetted. This year could be see a slight profit or a slight loss. There is revenue growth and market penetration is growing. Nothing that some prayer and cost cutting can't fix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home