Wednesday, October 29, 2003

I have avoided the Terri Schaivo case for the most part because I don't believe anyone in this whole story. As a husband, I do tend to think that the husband is and should be the primary caregiver, although I understand the parents fighting like hell to keep their daughter alive. I am bothered by the attempt to demonize the husband, I don't think it is fair. And it is a shame when it all becomes a political issue, it is hard to see how that benefits anyone. This is why it is important to have legal and clearly stated health care directives. It solves a lot of problems.

Al Sharpton is criticizing Howard Dean for what he calls an anti-Black agenda, i.e., anti-affirmative action, pro-death penalty, and anti-gun control. The fact that Black political leaders have flocked to Dean and Clark is beyond me. Common sense would seem to dictate Kerry, Edwards or Gephardt, who all have solid track records on issues important to the Black community.

Try to imagine what the Chesapeake Bay was like in 1600--one can only wonder and cry.

I'm still waiting to hear from my publisher about my book in the works. I sent in the manuscript and they are making edits and will get the script back to me. I hope this novel cracks the NY times bestseller list, the USA Today bestseller list and any other bestseller list that's out there. It is a great story, well written, engaging and very entertaining if I may say so myself, so pre-order your copy today!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home