Friday, November 07, 2003

The Bills have Dallas on Sunday. This is a hard one to call. Ordinarily, one would give the game to the Bills but, here again, we fail to match up coaching-wise and have not been able to play up to the talent level available.

Walter Shapiro of USA Today just wrote a book on his travels with the Democratic presidential candidates. He was interviewed this morning on CSPAN. At first I was dreading the interviewing because I suspected it was going to be all Dean. But I was pleasantly surprised. He noted that of all the candidates, the one he'd most likely like to have a beer with is John Kerry. he also defended Kerry's position on Iraq noting that Kerry's problem has been th elack of succinctness. He noted that Dean was not one to admit error easily. For instance, after the fall of Baghdad, Dean said "Saddam Hussein's removal was a good thing, I suppose." He never apologized or addressed the "I suppose" remark even though on a pure human rights level, Hussein's removal was a good thing.

Dean's getting a few major Union endorsements soon. I am somewhat amazed because I don't see what people see in him, but to each his own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home