Monday, November 17, 2003

Another dud for the Bills. Surely some heads most roll. If nothing else, Kevin Gilbride. How do you run for 184 yards and lose a game? Because after rushing the length of the field and playing smash mouth football, Gilbride and Bledsoe try to finnesse the red zone. Yuck!


I am kind'a excited today. I received my page proofs from the publisher on Friday and I am in the process of eidting. I have two weeks and then I'll send it back to them. From there it goes to production which takes 4-8 weeks and voila, I'll have a book. My main concern with PublishAmerica, my publisher, is that they do a poor job of editing. Fortunately, I had my mother-in-law edit the entire manuscript which helped immensly and then my wife further edited one half of the manuscript before I sent it in. My wife is going through the second half of the manuscript and we are comparing her edits to what the publisher did and this editor missed quite a bit, which is disconcerting.


I had read books from the publisher before I selected them and I was aware that editing skills would have to be sacrificed for the sake of publishing opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home