Wednesday, November 19, 2003

You go, Prez Bartlet, stared down the Republican speaker and squeezed for a deal! Okay, I admit I am a little too pumped about West Wing tonite, but it was an especially good episode. I wish more people watched it, because it is very educational and would probably be their only source of "news."

I heard Senator Sununu on NPR today. He says he is prepared to filibuster the Energy Bill that was written by republicans and lobbyists and special interests. A bill that Senator John McCain calls "leave no lobbyist behind." I'm glad that there is Republican opposition and the Democrats can not be pegged wrongly for obstructionism on what is a horrible bill.

The medicare bill is on shaky legs in the House. The Blue dogs are balking, and a coalition of conservative Republicans are getting sticker shock. Good, that medicare bill needs to die a quick but painful death.

I am still ploughing through page-proofs, tedious but fun.

We are ramping up grassroots organization for John Kerry, especially on the Catholics for Kerry Yahoo Group. My goal is to get 100 members by December 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home